Interesting viewpoints/presumptions from a now conservative David Horowitz are:
- Humans are beastly and war is their natural state1
- The U.S. must be the most dominate state to defend freedom2
- Leftism is a utopian idea and thereby dangerous to its opponents once in power3
- U.S. and Israel are under attack from the international left4
Interesting term used: Islamofashist
PS: Also one has to be carful with Slavoj Zizek.
David Joel Horowitz (born January 10, 1939) is an American conservative writer. He is a founder and current president of the think tank the David Horowitz Freedom Center; editor of the Center's publication, FrontPage Magazine; and director of Discover the Networks, a website that tracks individuals and groups on the political left.
Definition from Wikipedia – David Horowitz
Slavoj Žižek ( ( listen) SLAH-voy ZHEE-zhek; Slovene: [ˈslaʋɔj ˈʒiʒɛk]; born 21 March 1949) is a Slovenian continental philosopher.
Definition from Wikipedia – Slavoj Žižek
- This assumption goes back to the philosophy of Thomas Hobbes ↩
- This seems like a remnant of the cold war era and the second world wars… specially putting the U.S. in charge of this task. ↩
- I dislike the reductionism of Left and Right. In an interconnected world topics should be looked at individually. I agree on the notion that utopianism tends to be totalitarian as it’s an imagination of a better future omitting diversity and lacking complexity. I don’t condemn utopianism as it play an important role in the collective imagination to choose a future to aim at and select the one to avoid. The danger from utopies emerge from simplification by exaggeration as the world is and stays a complex matter thereby masking developments like the mass surveillance that seems to be more massive than described in the book. ↩
- To simple of a worldview. BTW this makes me think of the imagery used in Worldwar Z, again! ↩